First Presbyterian Church

Contributors:
Harry Barton, architect; Hobart Upjohn, jconsulting architect
Dates:

1927-1928

Location:
High Point, Guilford County
Street Address:

918 N. Main St., High Point, NC

Status:

Standing

Type:

Religious

Images Puslished In:

Benjamin Briggs, The Architecture of High Point, North Carolina: A History and Guide to the City’s Houses, Churches and Public Buildings (2008).
C. David Jackson and Charlotte V. Brown, History of the North Carolina Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, 1913-1998 (1998).
H. McKelden Smith, Architectural Resources: An Inventory of Historic Architecture, High Point, Jamestown, Gibsonville, Guilford County (1979).

Note:

The church won a prize from the North Carolina chapter of the AIA, which credited Barton as the chief architect, Upjohn as consulting.