No longer standing
Strickland’s mint burned in 1844. The mint was rebuilt in 1845 on the old walls as a 1-story building, from a design supplied by Franklin Peale, son of Charles Willson Peale. A photograph of the rebuilt mint appears in Anthony Joseph Stautzenberger, The Establishment of the Charlotte Branch Mint: A Documented History (1976). That building was disassembled in 1936 and rebuilt on a different site as the Mint Museum. There are no known images of the original Strickland building, which was different in appearance from the one rebuilt after the fire.