E.M. Fulton House

Contributors:
Charles W. Barrett, architect (ca. 1900); Alfred Beaver Yeomans, architect (1927)
Variant Name(s):

Hibernia

Dates:

Ca. 1900; 1927 [extended]

Location:
Southern Pines, Moore County
Street Address:

E. Rhode Island Ave., Southern Pines, NC

Status:

Unknown

Type:

Residential

Images Puslished In:

Ann C. Alexander, Perspective on a Resort Community: Historic Buildings Inventory, Southern Pines, North Carolina (1981).
Charles W. Barrett, Colonial Southern Homes (1903).
Charles W. Barrett and Frank E. Thomson, Photographs, Barrett & Thomson, Architects, 1900 (1900).

Note:

The shingled, gambrel-roofed house, built for Elisha Fulton of New York, was one of the first large, stylish houses in Southern Pines. It was remodeled and expanded in 1927 by architect Alfred Beaver Yeomans and renamed “Hibernia.” See Ann C. Alexander, Perspective on a Resort Community: Historic Buildings Inventory, Southern Pines, North Carolina (1981).