Andrews-Lyman House

Contributors:
Briggs and Dodd, attributed builders; Thomas H. Briggs, Sr., attributed builder; James Dodd, attributed builder
Dates:

1853

Location:
Raleigh, Wake County
Street Address:

105 E. North St., Raleigh, NC

Status:

No longer standing

Type:

Residential

Note:

According to an account in the News and Observer (April 26, 1942), the house at 105 E. North St. was built in 1853 for William J. Andrews, and was once owned by Ellen Mordecai and was for a time the home of Bishop T. B. Lyman. There were also “many others” built by Briggs and Dodd.