Corner of Blanton St. and Phifer St., Asheville, NC
No longer standing
The Asheville Daily Citizen of May 21, 1891, noted: “Wills Brothers: These gentlemen have made plans for” several buildings listed in the article, including Bethel M. E. Church. Bethel church was later home of Brown Temple C.M.E. Church; a building at this location was razed in 1976 in the East Riverside Urban Renewal Project. A new church was built on the site with groundbreaking in March 1979.