Pack Square, Asheville, NC
No longer standing
Daniel J. Vivian, “Public Architecture, Civic Aspirations and the Price of ‘Progress’: A History of the Buncombe County Courthouse,” in Robert S. Brunk, ed., May We All Remember Well: A Journal of the History and Cultures of Western North Carolina, Vol. 2 (2001).
The courthouse built in 1903 from designs by Asheville architect Kenneth McDonald was a neoclassical edifice that replaced the courthouse of 1877 and was in turn replaced by another in the late 1920s (see **Frank P. Milburn**) and was razed in 1929.