1000 Hendersonville Rd., Asheville, NC
Initially, the market was housed in a century-old log cabin found by Hubert Hayes in Puncheon Run in Madison County. Dodge was architect for the re-building of the cabin and for additional rooms. The country market was created as an outlet to sell Christmas greenery and to teach conservation. In 1959 the Biltmore Country Market was a member of the Southern Highland Handicraft Guild, operated by a foundation formed by the garden club. See Asheville Citizen, 7/19/1959, “Dedication of Country Market Makes an Old Dream Come True.” The grounds were landscaped by Doan Ogden of Asheville.