Glenwood Ave. at Tucker St.
The Raleigh News and Observer of Nov. 1, 1928, carried a laudatory story on the fine modern building and equipment of the new Pine State Creamery and highlighted the quality of its ice cream. In a typical promotional feature, James A. Davidson, contractor, was among the businessmen who ran congratulatory advertisements mentioning their roles in constructing and equipping the new buildings. Long the home of Pine State, the prominent corner building of cream colored brick is rendered in Art Moderne style and has a corner tower and multiple large windows. Like many bottling plants the large windows at street level encouraged passers-by to view the operations within. The Pine State operation closed in 1996, and the building has been renovated for new uses as a landmark of the “Glenwood South” commercial area.