2730 Randolph Rd.
Anthony Joseph Stautzenberger, The Establishment of the Charlotte Branch Mint: A Documented History (1976); Mary Kratt and Mary Manning Boyer, Remembering Charlotte: Postcards from a New South City, 1905-1950 (2000).
After William Strickland’s elegant 2-story branch mint in Charlotte burned in 1844, the mint was rebuilt in 1845 on the old walls as a 1-story building, from a design supplied by Franklin Peale, son of artist Charles Willson Peale. There is no known image of the Strickland building. Originally located at 405 West Trade Street, in the 1930s that building was disassembled and rebuilt on its present site as the Mint Museum of Art. (Some sources cite this building as the original Strickland design, but this one was significantly different from its predecessor, not least because it was only one story tall.) See Anthony Joseph Stautzenberger, The Establishment of the Charlotte Branch Mint: A Documented History (1976).