100 block S. Main St.
Catherine W. Bishir and Michael T. Southern, A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina (2003).
The present courthouse reflects Hughes’s 1916 reworking of a 1909 building after a fire. It features a Corinthian columned portico and a cupola. Hughes’s role is noted in the Manufacturers’ Record during the first few months of 1916.