505 S. Hamilton St.
Claudia Roberts Brown, A Tale of Three Cities, 1986
Constructed for Mr. and Mrs. Jones W. Norman by J. M. Hopper Construction Company from plans by J. M.’s son, architect J. W. Hopper, the large house is one of the most imposing of Leaksville’s brick foursquare residences. It has a hip roof, porches with large brick piers, and granite window sills. Norman had a long business career in Leaksville, serving as city clerk, president of Leaksville-Spray Insurance and Realty Co., and president of Twin City Building and Loan Association; he was instrumental in developing Leaksville’s business district and the residential subdivision of Oakland Heights. Around 1930, the house was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. N. V. DeHart, who lived here for many years.