512 Henry St.
Claudia Roberts Brown, A Tale of Three Cities, 1986
Built for Eden’s oldest black congregation (founded in 1888), the imposing and well-preserved Gothic Revival style brick church features a pair of towers flanking a broad central gable with three entrances. It was built by the J. M. Hopper Construction Company and designed by J. W.’s son, architect J. W. Hopper. The church is notable for its handsome interior finish and stained glass.