335 Middle St.
Peter B. Sandbeck, The Historic Architecture of New Bern and Craven County (1988)
The 2-story brick commercial building, located on a premier downtown corner, was built for Lucinda Stanly (sometimes known as Lucinda Eubanks), a woman of color who owned extensive property in town. The New Bern Daily Journal of March 13, 1913, reported that it was under construction by (her son) George Eubank (sic), and other local newspapers carried similar accounts. It was also referred to as the Eubanks Building (New Bern Sun, May 2, 1913, quoted in Sandbeck, The Historic Architecture of New Bern and Craven County). The first occupant of the first story was the Bradham Drug Company, where the soda fountain sold Pepsi Cola, invented several years earlier by pharmacist Caleb Bradham. In more recent years, the building has contained restaurants.