Wheeler, Runge, and Dickey (1905-1908)
The architectural firm was formed in 1905 in Charlotte by Oliver Duke Wheeler and Neil Runge, plus the additional partner D. Anderson Dickey. This was one of a series of partnerships formed by Wheeler. For the firm’s operation and selected building list, see the Oliver Duke Wheeler entry.
- Dates:1903-1905Location:Monroe, Union CountyStreet Address:108 W. Houston St., Monroe, NCStatus:StandingType:ResidentialImages Puslished In:Mary Ann Lee, An Inventory of Historic Architecture: Monroe, N.C. (1978).
- Dates:1905Location:Cabarrus CountyStreet Address:Bost's Mill near Reed Mill Rd. and NC 200, Bost's Mill, NCStatus:StandingType:ResidentialImages Puslished In:Peter R. Kaplan, The Historic Architecture of Cabarrus County, North Carolina (2004).
- Dates:1907-1908Location:Fayetteville, Cumberland CountyStreet Address:Intersection of Hay St., Old St., and Ray St., Fayetteville, NCStatus:StandingType:ReligiousImages Puslished In:Catherine W. Bishir and Michael T. Southern, A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Eastern North Carolina (1996).
- Dates:1908-1909Location:Asheboro, Randolph CountyStreet Address:145 Worth St., Asheboro, NCStatus:StandingType:PublicImages Puslished In:Catherine W. Bishir and Michael T. Southern, A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina (2003).
- Variant Name(s):Commercial National BankDates:1905-1908Location:Statesville, Iredell CountyStreet Address:116 S. Center St., Statesville, NCStatus:StandingType:CommercialNote:The Manufacturers' Record (Oct. 26, 1905) announced that Wheeler, Runge, and Dickey had drawn plans for the Statesville Loan and Trust building. Its tan brick and neoclassical details harmonize with their neighboring Iredell County Courthouse.