Atwood and Nash, architects and engineers (1936); Thomas C. Atwood, engineer (1936); John Berry, contractor and brickmason (1843); Philemon Hodges, builder (1795-1798); Samuel Hopkins, builder (1795-1798); Arthur C. Nash, consulting architect (1936)
1795-1798; 1843 [renovation]; 1936 [renovation]
Chapel Hill, Orange County
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Images Published In:
M. Ruth Little, The Town and Gown Architecture of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1795-1975 (2006).
William S. Powell, The First State University: A Pictorial History of the University of North Carolina (1992).
The building burned in 1880 and was rebuilt within the original walls and expanded. It was extensively renovated in the 1930s.