James Calder, builder (1814-1816); Dabney Cosby, contractor (1855); William Nichols, architect (ca. 1820-1825); Henry J. Patterson, brickmason (1849)
1814-1816; ca. 1820-1825 [addition]; 1849 [repairs]; 1855 [addition]
Raleigh, Wake County
South St. at Fayetteville St., Raleigh, NC
No longer standing
Images Published In:
Catherine W. Bishir and J. Marshall Bullock, “Mr. Jones Goes to Richmond: A Note on the Influence of Alexander Parris’s Wickham House,” Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians 43.1 (Mar. 1984), reprinted in Catherine W. Bishir, Southern Built: American Architecture, Regional Practice (2006).
C. Ford Peatross, William Nichols, Architect (1979).
Elizabeth C. Waugh, North Carolina’s Capital, Raleigh (1967).
Modeled after the plan of the Wickham House (1811-1812) in Richmond, Virginia, the brick building was razed in 1885.