W. Union St., Morganton, NC
No longer standing
The John H. Pearson House of ca. 1891 was a substantial brick house of Queen Anne and Romanesque styles, but was torn down to make way for the First Baptist Church. See J. Randall Cotton, Suzanne Pickens Wylie, and Millie M. Barbee, Historic Burke: An Architectural Inventory of Burke County, North Carolina (1987).