First Presbyterian Church

Contributors:
Harry Barton, local and supervising architect; Hobart Upjohn, principal designer
Dates:

1928-1929

Location:
Greensboro, Guilford County
Street Address:

617 N. Elm St., Greensboro, NC

Status:

Standing

Type:

Religious

Images Puslished In:

Catherine W. Bishir and Michael T. Southern, A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina (2003).
Marvin A. Brown, Greensboro: An Architectural Record (1995).
C. David Jackson and Charlotte V. Brown, History of the North Carolina Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, 1913-1998 (1998).

Note:

Monumental Norman Revival church in Fisher Park suburb, Hobart Upjohn, principal designer, with Harry Barton, local and supervising architect. The church won a price from the North Carolina chapter of the AIA, with Upjohn cited as architect. A partial set of drawings for First Presbyterian Church, mainly plans, by Hobart Upjohn and Harry Barton, is held by Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, North Carolina. It is in the Albert C. Woodroof, Jr. Papers and Architectural Drawings, 1927 - 1975.