600 W. Peabody St., Durham, NC
Claudia P. Roberts (Brown) and Diane E. Lea, The Durham Architectural and Historic Inventory (1982).
The Manufacturers’ Record of March 31, 1888 reported that W. Duke and Sons was building a 4-story addition 1600 feet long, with “C. A. Norton” as contractor. This is likely the addition to the 1884 factory designed by William H. Linthicum. The lower stories of part of the factory still stand near the railroad track.