Julian Abele, architect; Horace Trumbauer Firm, architects
Durham, Durham County
East Campus, Duke University, Durham, NC
This functional building was constructed in order to serve the increased demand for heat in the expanded campus. The Georgian style new campus was constructed around existing buildings before three of them were demolished. The new campus, the Woman’s College, opened in 1930 without students missing a single day of classes due to construction.