Baker House; Duke Hospital Clinic South; Hospital; Medical School; Private Diagnostic Clinic
West Campus, Duke University, Durham, NC
The Medical School and Hospital complex remains a visual part of the original campus with the Davison Tower dominating the “learning quadrangle” to the right facing the Chapel. The tower, containing administrative offices, was named for Wilbert C. Davison, first Dean of the Medical School, in 1961. The originally stand-alone Baker House has been incorporated in the hospital by additions. Nursing how has its own separate building nearby. The Private Diagnostic Clinic was added in 1938. The Gothic Revival façade addressing the original campus maintains its character, while an immense medical facility extends behind it.