West Campus, Duke University, Durham, NC
The football stadium was the first part of the new campus used when students were bussed from East Campus to the first game on October 5, 1929. The stadium, built in a nearby natural ravine, was named for Wallace Wade in 1967. It remains the only stadium where the Rose Bowl has been played outside of its home in Pasadena, CA. That particular game was played in January, 1942, at the host school on the east coast after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in December, 1941.