Card Gymnasium

Contributors:
Julian Abele, architect; Horace Trumbauer Firm, architects
Dates:
1930
Location:
Durham, Durham County
Street Address:
West Campus, Duke University, Durham, NC
Status:
Standing
Type:
Recreational
Note:
This facility contained a swimming pool, space for intramural activities and a basketball court. In 1958, it was named for Wilbur Wade "Cap" Card, a captain of the Trinity College baseball team, Trinity College/Duke University's first men's basketball coach and first athletic director.