1771-1774; 1854 (renovations)
SR 1329, 0.1 mi. west of NC 39, Williamsboro, NC
Catherine W. Bishir, North Carolina Architecture (1990).
Catherine W. Bishir and Michael T. Southern, A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina (2003).
The old colonial church was in deteriorated condition by the early 19th century. It was renovated for new use in 1821 and given the name St. John’s Episcopal Church, and changes were made to it over the years. In 1952 it was restored to replicate its colonial character and is maintained as a historic homecoming church and for special events.