West Third St., Winston-Salem, NC
Molly Grogan Rawls, Winston-Salem in Vintage Postcards (2004).
Gwynne Stephens Taylor, From Frontier to Factory: An Architectural History of Forsyth County (1981).
The stone-faced neoclassical edifice, built at the same time as Northup and O’Brien’s Winston-Salem City Hall, was actually a complete transformation of the brick edifice by Frank P. Milburn, vestiges of which survive. J. A. Jones’s work likely was the 1925-1926 transformation of Milburn’s building, though it is possible that he built Milburn’s earlier courthouse.