Berry Davidson, millwright;
Saxapahaw, Alamance County
The village on the Haw River began with a cotton mill established by John Newlin and his sons of Snow Camp. Davidson rebuilt their saw and grist mill in 1866. E. M. Holt bought the cotton mill in 1873; it was rebuilt in 1880 and later by his sons in law. The oldest section dates from the early 20th century.