St. Joseph Hospital
Biltmore Ave., Asheville, NC
Paschal Baumstein, The Art of Michael McInerney (1992).
The sanitarium was opened in 1900 by the Sisters of Mercy, whose headquarters were in Belmont. In 1906 the sisters also established Mercy Hospital in Charlotte. The institution has become part of a large hospital complex; it is not clear what remains of the old building.