Vail Ave., Charlotte, NC
No longer standing
According to the web site of Mercy Hospital, the Mercy Hospital and Mercy School of Nursing were established together in 1906 by the Sisters of Mercy of North Carolina. The original hospital was a 25-bed frame building located on E. First Street in downtown Charlotte. In 1916, Mercy Hospital opened at a new site between E. 5th St. and Vail Ave. with the Mercy School of Nursing facilities added in 1922. In 2006 the school moved to Forest Point Circle.