Michael McInerney, architect
St. Patrick Catholic School
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County
1125 Buchanan St., Charlotte, NC
The Manufacturers' Record reported in 1930 that Father Michael had designed a parochial school for St. Peter's Catholic Church, to be built of granite and cost $90,000. According to the St. Patrick Catholic School web site, the history of the school began with St. Mary's Seminary founded by the Sisters of Mercy of Belmont, which opened in 1887 on Tryon St. In 1905 it was relocated to another site on Tryon St. and named O'Donoghue Hall for a local physician whose family made a generous donation. The school was moved to 1125 Buchanan Street in Dilworth in 1930. Its imposing stone building is now St. Patrick Catholic School, the oldest Catholic school operating in the Charlotte area.