Golden Leaf Apartments
211 Kenan St. West at Moss St., Wilson, NC
Kate Ohno and Robert C. Bainbridge, Wilson, North Carolina, Historic Buildings Inventory (1980).
Wilson’s commission for Wilson’s first high school, for white students, was noted in the Manufacturers’ Record (Dec. 15, 1921, Jan. 12, 1922, and Aug. 28, 1924). The red brick school with neoclassical detailing is named for Wilson County’s school superintendent, an educator of statewide renown, who is credited with making Wilson County’s consolidated county school system a model for the state. The red brick building features neoclassical detailing. It is now the Golden Leaf Apartments.