First United Methodist Church
309 Church St. NW, Lenoir, NC
Like some others Hunt’s churches, the church features an Akron plan and dome. The Manufacturers’ Record of June 28, 1917, noted that architects for the First Methodist Church in Lenoir were R. H. Hunt and Charles W. Carlton. Earlier, the Lenoir News of January 9, 1917, had published an unsigned drawing of the proposed church, and the church history cites church minutes of March 23 identifying the architect as “Chas. W. Carlton of Chattanooga, Tenn.” Carlton was probably the member of the Hunt firm who worked most directly with the congregation.