New Hanover County Courthouse Annex

Contributors:
Leslie N. Boney, Sr., architect; Herbert C. Chivers, consulting architect
Dates:
1924-1925
Location:
Wilmington, New Hanover County
Street Address:
319 Princess St., Wilmington, NC
Status:
Standing
Type:
Public
Images Puslished In:
Tony P. Wrenn, Wilmington, North Carolina: An Architectural and Historical Portrait (1984).
Note:
The 64 by 118-foot four-story addition was estimated to cost $150,000. Actually a separate building linked to the courthouse by a hyphen, it displays a restrained neoclassicism in pale stone, which contrasts with the robust eclectic style of the red brick courthouse designed by A. S. Eichberg. The portico and pilasters display the Tower of the Winds capitals popular in Wilmington and favored by Boney.