Marion R. Marsh, architectd;
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County
310 N. Kings Dr., Charlotte, NC
The large masonry building with castellated roofline was built in just 73 working days to serve as the meeting place of the 39th reunion of Confederate veterans, which brought an estimated 50-70,000 veterans and visitors to town. The building burned in 1954, and some of the foundation walls were reused in the Park Center, later the Grady Cole Center.