Chapel Hill, Orange County
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Campus, Chapel Hill, NC
The Chapel Hill Daily Tar Heel reported on May 5, 1953 on the dedication of three new buildings at the University of North Carolina, which had been designed by "Durham architect and engineer" Weeks and built by the J. A. Jones Construction Company of Charlotte. Named Carroll Hall, Gardner Hall, and Hanes Hall, the three were built for the School of Business Administration, as the former School of Commerce was renamed in 1950. The trio formed a secondary quadrangle extending from Polk Place as a complement to the earlier one across Polk Place which centers on Manning Hall.