James F. Gause, Jr., architect
Wilmington, New Hanover County
1103 S. 5th Ave., Wilmington, NC
No longer standing
Images Puslished In:
Beverly Tetterton, Wilmington: Lost But Not Forgotten (2005).
The congregation, a former mission church, worshiped in a frame building constructed in 1891 until a donation from James Sprunt allowed it to build a large new Colonial Revival style church in 1922 at the corner of 5th and Meares. The congregation disbanded in 1969, and the church was later abandoned and demolished. Its stained glass windows were incorporated into a new church next door. See Beverly Tetterton in Wilmington: Lost But Not Forgotten (2005) and Walter H. Conser, Jr., in Sacred Spaces: Architecture and Religion in Historic Wilmington (1999).