Bertie County Courthouse
Theo Ralph, builder; L. Thrower, architect
1887; 1906; 1939
Windsor, Bertie County
NW corner King St. and Dundee St., Windsor, NC
When the central section of the Italianate brick courthouse was completed, it was lauded as a “magnificent temple of justice. . . commensurate with the demands of this age of progress.” A portico was added in 1906 and wings in 1939. The L. Thrower who was reported to have drawn the plans has not been further identified.