William H. Houser, brickmason
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County
Corner of E. First St. and S. Brevard St., Charlotte, NC
No longer standing
The present Friendship Missionary Baptist Church on Beatties Ford Road was organized in 1890 when forty members of First Baptist Church at 1021 S. Church Street withdrew and formed a new congregation. After several years, a new site was found at the corner of E. First and S. Brevard streets, probably the location of the church Houser erected. In 1970 the congregation moved to its current location on Beatties Ford Road.