SR 1413 (Campground Rd.), Fayetteville vicinity, NC
Named for the camp meeting revivals held at this location before the church was built, the congregation continues to be active. The restrained Greek Revival style Methodist church presents a beautifully simple version of the pediment-front form also seen in numerous antebellum Presbyterian churches in the area. Unlike several of those, it has no portico. Its façade has two front entrances flanking 6/9 windows at the first level and four 6/6 windows at the second level; similar windows mark the sides. The interior features a gallery and original pulpit furniture attributed to Ruffin Vaughn. There are relatively few antebellum Methodist church buildings in the Scots-settled area, compared to the Presbyterian ones. The antebellum church now serves as a chapel for a larger brick church built in the 20th century.