Christopher and Ruffin Vaughn, attributed builders
Fayetteville, Cumberland County
1507 Morganton Rd. at Fort Bragg Rd., Fayetteville, NC
The 2-story, 5-bay Greek Revival house was built for merchant E. J. Lilly and remained in the family for many years. It features a hip roof and a full-width porch with Doric columns and entablature. Reportedly Union soldiers camped on the grounds during General Sherman’s occupation of Fayetteville in 1865. Nearby are old streets including Dobbin Avenue and a lane called Lilly Drive. The house is similar to Westlawn, also cited to the Vaughns.