John James, builder
Elizabeth City, Pasquotank County
507 S. Martin St., Elizabeth City, NC
Originally the church built in 1889 for the newly formed Corner Stone Baptist congregation was a frame building with a single, tall bell tower with spire. As noted by Thomas Butchko, in 1942 it was brick veneered and gained a second tower after the first one lost its spire.