Currituck County Courthouse
B. F. Smith Fireproof Construction Company, builders (1897)
Pre-1869; 1897; 1952
Currituck, Currituck County
The Elizabeth City North Carolinian of December 15, 1897, carried an account of meeting B. F. Smith, who showed the plans for building the Currituck County Courthouse as a “modern, up-to-date edifice.” The courthouse was expanded in that year, incorporating an earlier building. This appears to be the earliest project by the firm in North Carolina.