806 S. Vance St. Sanford NC 27330
J. Daniel Pezzoni, The History and Architecture of Lee County, North Carolina (1995).
The 1-story brick building, part of an extensive complex, was built as the Lee County Training School to serve black students. It was designed by architect Herbert B. Hunter and had financial support from the Rosenwald Fund and assistance from local architect L. M. Thompson. It was named for longtime principal W. B. Wicker in 1954.