1044 W. Forest Hills Blvd.
Claudia Roberts [Brown] et al., The Durham Architectural And Historic Inventory (1982).
Carr designed the rambling two-story, brick Tudor Revival house for Forest Hills developer James O. Cobb in 1927. It featured cross-gable wings, casement and bay windows, and shed porches. Cobb lost the property in the Great Depression, and in 1935 it was purchased by Mary Duke Biddle, daughter of tobacco magnate Benjamin Duke, who had it altered by Karl Bock with additions and a remodeling of the interior with a mix of traditional and moderne elements.