318 S. Driver St. at Angier Ave.
According to opendurham.org, Fidelity Bank was established by Durham financial leaders Washington and Benjamin Duke, M. A. Angier, and George Watts in 1887, and in the early 1920s it expanded with two branches in the growing commercial districts of East Durham’s and West Durham’s textile villages. Both branch buildings were designed by Rose and Rose. The East Durham branch employs a popular classical format with a stone façade and an imposing portico with Corinthian columns. It became a key landmark of the small commercial district.