Wheeler, Galliher, and Stern (1908-1909)
The architectural firm was formed in 1908 in Charlotte by Oliver Duke Wheeler, C.F. Galliher, and Eugene John Stern. This was one of a series of partnerships formed by Wheeler. For the firm’s operation and selected building list, see the Oliver Duke Wheeler entry.
1908-1910Location:Charlotte, Mecklenburg CountyStreet Address:
115 East Trade St., Charlotte, NCStatus:
No longer standingType:
CommercialImages Published In:
Mary Norton Kratt and Mary Manning Boyer, Remembering Charlotte: Postcards from a New South City, 1905-1950 (2000).
- Variant Name(s):
Dilworth Fire StationDates:
1908-1909Location:Charlotte, Mecklenburg CountyStreet Address:
1212 South Blvd., Charlotte, NCStatus:
1909Location:Halifax, Halifax CountyStreet Address:
Courthouse Square, Halifax, NCStatus:
PublicImages Published In:
Catherine W. Bishir and Michael T. Southern, A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Eastern North Carolina (1996).
1909Location:Statesville, Iredell CountyStreet Address:
122 S. Meeting St., Statesville, NCStatus:
It is not known whether J. A. Jones was involved in construction of the Iredell County Courthouse, for whom the contractor has been identified as Nicholas Ittner.