Hayden and Wheeler (before 1899-1899)
The architectural firm was formed in Atlanta before 1899 by Oliver Duke Wheeler and Luke Hayden. They moved to Charlotte and formed Hayden, Wheeler, and Schwend, and after Schwend left the firm, briefly became Hayden, Wheeler, and Company in 1901. This was one of a series of partnerships formed by Wheeler. For the firm’s operation and selected building list, see the Oliver Duke Wheeler entry.
- Dates:1898-1899Location:Charlotte, Mecklenburg CountyStreet Address:S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NCStatus:No longer standingType:ReligiousImages Puslished In:Mary Norton Kratt and Mary Manning Boyer, Remembering Charlotte: Postcards from a New South City, 1905-1950 (2000).Note:The Trinity Methodist Church was the project that brought Wheeler and his partners Hayden and Schwend [Louis E. Schwend] to Charlotte.