Hill Hall

Contributors:
Atwood and Nash, architects and engineers (1930); Thomas C. Atwood, engineer (1930); J. A. Jones, contractor (1907); Frank Pierce Milburn, architect (1907); Arthur C. Nash, architect (1930)
Variant Name(s):
Carnegie Library
Dates:
1907; 1930 [remodeled]
Location:
Chapel Hill, Orange County
Street Address:
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Status:
Standing
Type:
Educational
Images Puslished In:
M. Ruth Little, The Town and Gown Architecture of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1795-1975 (2006).
Daniel J. Vivian, "'A Practical Architect': Frank P. Milburn and the Transformation of Architectural Practice in the New South, 1890-1925," Winterthur Portfolio (Spring 2005).
Note:
The building was erected in 1907 as a library and was later expanded and updated as a music building; it has since been renovated again.