Wilson Hospital and Tubercular Home
Wilson, Wilson County
504 E. Green St., Wilson, NC
The Manufacturers' Record, Jan. 1, 1912, reported that F. S. Hargraves, secretary of a company interested in building a hospital, had plans from Benton and Moore for a hospital 47 by 80, mill construction, electric lights, slate roof, steam heat, to cost $8,000. Built by Dr. Hargraves to serve black patients, the brick building with Doric portico was soon named Mercy Hospital. After years of being endangered, it has been rehabilitated for a new use.