Community Store

Contributors:
Frederic William Marshall, attributed architect; Melchior Rasp, mason; Christian Triebel, carpenter
Variant Name(s):
T. Bagge Store and House
Dates:
1775
Location:
Winston-Salem, Forsyth County
Street Address:
626 S. Main St., Old Salem, Winston-Salem, NC
Status:
Standing
Type:
Commercial
Note:
The first stone building in Salem, the 1 1/2-story structure has two entrances reflecting its initial purpose as combination store and storekeeper's residence. It is of rough stonework stuccoed and scored to resemble stone blocks.