Charlotte, Mecklenburg County
2100 The Plaza, Charlotte, NC
A prominent landmark of the Plaza-Midwood neighborhood, the 2-story frame house combines Colonial Revival and Craftsman style elements. It was built by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, as the residence of its bishop, John C. Kilgo (1861-1922), who had previously been president of Trinity College (later Duke University) in Durham. See Mattson Alexander Associates, Bishop John C. Kilgo House National Register of Historic Places nomination (2007).